This is my favorite time of year and it’s a time full of traditions in my house!
The tree goes up, the mantle gets adorned, and I start my baking whoopapalooza. The kids open their advent calendars each morning and the family watches Christmas movies at night. It’s just a lovely and magical time of the year!
This White Christmas Cocoa is another tradition….it’s served on Christmas morning and enjoyed throughout the day. It’s simple to create and keep warm by using your slow cooker.
After Thanksgiving we stock up on packets of store-bought hot cocoa and the kiddos enjoy drinking it almost every day. Christmas day calls for something special though, and this homemade white cocoa is extraordinary!
Take a look
Laced with cardamom, star anise, nutmeg, and cinnamon….rich from the cream…..it’s just special!
Simply dump all the ingredients (minus the whipped cream) in a slow cooker and cook on low heat for a couple hours. It doesn’t get an easier.
I hope you enjoy this special treat with your loved ones, as I do mine!
Spiced White Christmas Cocoa
Spiced white cocoa is laced with your favorite holiday spices!
- 16 ounces of good white chocolate (I use the baking bars that say premium)
- 4 cups milk
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract (imitation does not give a great flavor)
- 2 star anise
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- whipped cream (for garnish)
- Break apart the white chocolate and place in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Add all the remaining ingredients, except whipped cream, to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for about 2 hours, stirring every 20 minutes.
- You will notice a skin forms on the top of the cocoa, simply stir it back in to the cocoa and re-cover.
- You can keep this cocoa on warm for several hours.
- Top each cup with whipped cream and grated nutmeg.
This makes a large batch of cocoa...enough for a crowd!
Recipe by Modern Mrs. Cleaver
Modern Mrs. Cleaver